Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Rights offer - am i missing something?

Limitless
Contributor
I see the ELI share price is around 85c, but the rights offer offers shares at 110c... why take up the rights offer if i can buy the share cheaper? or am i missing something? [got the share for a while and looking for a decent exit BTW]
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
WES
Super Contributor
hahah.....you are 100 % correct, so the poor underwriter, I don't know who that is, are going to take up all of it !!
0 Kudos
Mik
Occasional Contributor
Can someone please explain this rights offer to me. If I have a rights offer to purchase 2000 ELIN shares at R1.10 but I do not excercise this option..... but I do purchase 50000 ELIN shares at 3c.....am I buying the rights to purchase these shares at R1.10 or not?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
first of all - if you buy the ELIN NPL's at 3c, you will be doing someone a huge favour! The NPL's are worthless in this scenario. A NPL is the right, but not the obligation, to buy more ELI shares at R1,10 a share. But since the share is trading well below the rights offer, you shareholders are all screwed, IMO, just take the 40% dilution on the chin - or, if it were me, I would be offloading now. Makes me wonder what the underwriter was thinking - can't see anyone taking up the rights offer - so Mazi Capital stands to take a 30% stake in the company - added to their existing 17%. Seems a rather expensive way to take control of a company, IMO
0 Kudos