Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Rio Tinto rejects BHP again !!!!!!!!!!!!

asylum
Super Contributor
Mining company's chairman says Billiton's $130 billion offer 'undervalued' his company, sees more success as a standalone. SYDNEY, Australia (AP) -- Mining giant Rio Tinto continued to defend itself against an unsolicited offer from larger rival BHP Billiton on Thursday, saying it had greater potential as a standalone company.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
What are the facts? I heard a rumour about something in February and in fact a decision . I think yhey must just sort out the facts from the rumours.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Only time will sort out the facts from the Bullsh*T
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
typical posturing but BHP should beware the winners curse...ie. overpaying for an asset and then failing to generate economical returns.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
no rumours the fact is that it has been rejected again and bhp have until feb 2008 to make a new offer or not, plain and simple.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
I would like to know what differenece it wil make for Bil shareholders if the deal goes thru or not?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The sooner Kloppers gives up on this egotistical deal the better, since early November the BHP share price has lost close to 17%. It ain't going to happen.
0 Kudos