Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Risk Management.

Not applicable
There was this guy called Bert Seligman.He traded 10% of the Dow's Daily Volume in the 1930s.He was from the famous Seligman banking family.He never consulted a chart.He cared not for a balance sheet. He made continuous buckets of money.Personality ? None.### Which brings me to my point >>> Do you live the 'Day?" Do you camp on a computer ? Do you know how money works? Show me your Scars....no scars ? No entry. Risk-management and the 1000-mile stare.You there ? Welcome to the 20% Club.Yes...statistically, only 20% of Traders survive the Learning Curve.I've had 2 wipeouts.2003 and 2007.Since then...fine. You ?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
I'm - no wipe outs this side. I quess Risk Management is helping.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Aaaah...you are One with your Universe.very good.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
i would say less then 20% .. more imporeant is that all one really nneeds is the price .. all the TA stuff merely complicates ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanx - i think i love my universe.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon Says...yes old chap,you're quite correct.It's a brutual curve,innit ? Yeah. Just grateful to be able to trade.Mmm...the Zarp goes humble...front Page news ?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yep agree with you simon, price is all you need, from there you can work out which way the trend is going.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
2003, 2007 - next one 2011 surely? Come on Zarpster, there is a book in you - sign up on tickertalk.co.za and write it for the young and impressionable...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Lets face it..wipe outs are highly over rated...Point and figure charts..now that is the real game in town..you know I learnt that from you. Price is not a function of time..and that is the point! trade price.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
sounds like that morning beer was time well spent.
0 Kudos
Torres
Contributor
Are we talking day trading or long term investments? What about research and fundamentals before making your decision?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Long term investment wiped out in 2007!July 2010 was just as good as july 2008!Money in the bank, well at least you will have a lot more to battle inflation with.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm a swing trader.Not a Day trader.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
More like a Stephen King novel...heh.
0 Kudos