Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Robbing our privacy

Douw
Frequent Contributor
Financial sites seems to be the biggest culprits in planting (legal?) spy and tracking software on our PC's. Visiting a few financial sites can easily end up in having up to 10 or more undesirable objects planted on the hard drive. These not only slow down the PC, they also eat expensive data via informational messages, routed from the PC back to these sites. Of course it is difficult to estimate the danger of security breaches of the objects, but I do remove them on a daily basis from my PC by scanning with McAffee or clearing the internet cache regularly. The Yahoo anti spy program is also very convenient in finding and removing them. One can maybe live with harmless(?) spyware, but I would hate it if any Tom ***** and Harry know what is in my Favourites and history lists.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Douw
Frequent Contributor
The name, I spell, dee-Aai-cee-kay, was removed by the dirty minded forum computer.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Short for Richard
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You won't believe the amount of spam I get about such-and-such a stock about to rocket.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Shucks, I keep gettin mail about 'Richard' englargements. I mean, really, it's like, coal to Newcastle.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Maybe Brazen can confirm that for us ???
0 Kudos