Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Roffey Whaaaaaaa!

13 REPLIES 13
sponono
Super Contributor
Ja Nee is Waar!!
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
If he is so consistantly wrong, then surely his advice can be traded, simply trade oposite of what he advises and use a suitable money management strategy?
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
The oscillators are grouped in the middle!!!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaa! Its never been seen! Buy Gold!!!!
0 Kudos
Mol
Frequent Contributor
Shocking!Dr Steyn is a friend of mine I told you about a month or two ago.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I feel sorry for him, but I don't think he will get his money back from Senior Roffey. Not too sure what he hopes to accomplish with his legal action. Personally, I think he should have a legal go at Summit TV and all the others that promote the Roffey hype. My argument here is that the media augments Roffey's status by constantly giving him airtime. They may claim to distance themselves from his views, but in reality, by simply airing them and branding him an 'expert' they are creating a hype around him and, effectively, endorsing him.
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
at least his friend has highlighted something we only suspected, now we have substance to the arguement, hopefully it will help others think twice when they found out about the 'smoke'.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Roffey himself was looking to make a few bucks out of it. If it didnÂ’t work so what. I would also like to play someone elseÂ’s money like that. The only fool here is the one who gave the money to him in the first place!! Correct, with the legal action nothing will achieved.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Skaap, summit tv have a disclaimer after every show that goes something like this "The view expressed on this show is not the view of Summit TV ".
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Preston - Wizard too, my view is that the Summit disclaimer is a cop-out. You have to put your trust into someone at some time - generally speaking you place trust in a FSB approved advisor. So Summit TV, while exhonerating themselves, still lend credibility to the likes of Roffey. I move that if Summit are promoting the views of experts - then they need to take a certain amount of responsibility for those experts. Summit is not going out there saying this is the voice of the man on the street - they are saying it is the word of a renowned trader - or however it is that they say to 'sell' him. Therefore, they should be held accountable
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Summits interests are get people to watch their channel. If they got a clown from the circus and made him look like a professor that knows everything and people watch thats all they are after. Unfortunately the average investor buys that product from TV. The beauty of Roffeys words are the preposterous ideas that he puts trough which if they happen he becomes a sensation.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I don't see how any analisys Roffey makes could ever be used in a CFD portforlio. Often when I watch, his trend timeframes stretch beyond 15yrs.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
That is actually a valid point.
0 Kudos