Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Roffey set to give update on his model portfolio

Not applicable
I am (finally) in receipt of an email from Summit management in which they state they are remiss in getting Roffey to update his model portfolio....4 out of 5 picks which are heavily under water....on Monday eve. I will believe it when I see it.
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
what are his stocks in the portfolio ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Shoprite short at 9974...CFR short at 4025...HAR long at 8350...DRD long at 329...Coal fro Africa long at 993 ....Coal for africa at 2643!...ouch!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sorry typo...Coal for Africa at 264...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I watched his show on Wed, for the first tie ever .. hmmm, to much oscillator stuff, why would anybody buy CZA when tis in free fall ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
cause the bloody oscilators are GROUPING at the bottom...jees dont u get it? (smiley face) same with DRD when it was at R 20 the 12!....absolute proof that you need to chuck the oscilators!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
agreed, chucked oscillators ages back ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Summit was a little less forthcoming regarding the taking of large sums of money by Roffey from pensioners and it completely disappearing without any trace...literally ..no records of what happened to money...but thats maybe a topic for Carte Blanche
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Whaaaaaaaaaa! They grouping on the bottom...........BUY!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
He seems to be hung up on the oscillators "refusing to confirm" ie. sell or buy divergence.Chartist,what are your views on these?Are they reliable indicators of a change in direction?
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
At the risk of being shouted down, I still enjoy watching Clive Roffey. That does not mean that I follow his or anyone else's advice. I remember him creating his portfolio some time back. But surely these theoretical trades were theoretically stopped out long ago?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Russ they can be...but PRICE is the ultimate determinant....and you have to know what your time frame AND time horizon is. But there is a reason why something is overbought and oversold and ...suffice to say i have lost more money looking at oscilators than i have made using them. The are the ultimate novice con...all the trading courses push them like crazy cause they sell well...give the poor oke starting out the feeling he has discovered something wonderful and powerful...I remember when I first lerant about divergence....I was diverging the ***** out of everything...all that was diverging was my start portfolio balance and current balance and not in the right way.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Thanks.I haven't found sell and buy divergences very useful as they can remain like that for a long time without the price changing direction-just like a share can stay oversold or overbought for a long time.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes...even mails from Roffey in which he (very stupidly) admits to taking the money...what i cant find out is how many were involved...can mail to u if u want...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no because i have been asking him all along and all he says is he stands by his analysis!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Too much noise and thoughts here guys....whatever the system...they are never optimal...optimizing it will be detrimental....now , does not matter how you enter the trade or investment...system, videos or just cr@p from our resident idiot....it's the exit. Now take for example , the resident idiot who called a 2000 point drop....if I published that on youtube when the the ALSI overthrew for the second time at the high, now well....what's the count
0 Kudos
Not applicable
that call centre u work in is blocked from accessing you tube...yes I suppose not many people know thats what you actually do....an pse dont get you boss to phone me an complain again...
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
When Bonzo (King of all the *****roaches)puts non-stop digit to keyboard at this location then onlookers can only wonder on the question of how to apply the Doom to such a blood-sucking infestation of insane self-righteous drivel.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos