Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Rolfes becoming a serious player

Not applicable
Fits all my criteria this company, good divs, good growth, excellent margins, good ROCE, low debt and export revenues growing in supressed rand exchange environments. Struggles a bit with cash flow, but low leverage offsets that, I think.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Blik
Super Contributor
This was on Hotstoxx a few nights ago - so some comment should be available on ABN Digital website now.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
If chemical companies "get it right" they can make a lot of money. They offer low labour head-counts, scalability, modularity, (often) low energy requirements, Rand hedging potential, exportable product - so they can grow beyond SA Inc. BUT here is my question - why were you not buying this at R1? The cash profits were the same as they are now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
can't seem to find where I put my time machine
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Had you bought them when they were half this price, you wouldn't need a time machine. My point is that we are all too busy chasing trades and tend not to buy what is staring us in the face.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK, just completed my labourious DCF calculation on Rolfes - adjusting it for the recent Agrichem acquisition. On paper, this looks like a sweet deal. The Feb interims has this new company generating R5.2m in post tax profits - so if we extrapolate, lets double it for a full year's earnings. Thats R10.4m in cash generated. They are paying R47.75m - and generating around R23m in free cash flow at present. At a modest 9% forecasted growth, I put Rolfes at around R3 per share offering fair value using a DCF model (factoring in the 4% div yield) - but the kicker here is that 4% div yield will leave them with around R30m in cash in 3 to 4 years, at the rate they are going.
0 Kudos