Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Rumour

Vogon_Poet
Occasional Contributor
Hi guy's I have been wanting to enter WEZ and have been watching it closely for some time now - I dont own any at the moment, (since I am relatively new to this Forum thing please forgive my ignorance if I am posting incorrectly) anyway, my broker (Don't shoot me for still using one) tells me there are rumors of some BEE deal at a huge discount, could this be true and if so what would the impact be?
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
DST
Super Contributor
HENNIIIIEEEE! Hier's nog 'n fen.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
They already have over 50% BEE ownership
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Please advise what a Vogon poet is.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Maybe you got the rumour a bit sideways, anglo is looking at them cuase anglo needs BEE partnerships and the impact there will be quite substancail
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - very funny.
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
A Vogon Poet is the opposite of a Vogon Kol
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
Anybody? Don't you understand my explanation? You either get a Poet Warrant or a Kol Warrant, and I should rather be in a Vogon Kol warrant instead of the Vogon Poet. Now I am losing money
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Ag Vogoff!
0 Kudos
Vogon_Poet
Occasional Contributor
Looks like I did get this thing in reverse, (as i said I'm new at this) my broker stays convinced that this is definately not a buy and expects a massive dip in the price, I'll try and fish some more, but he is secrative about the rumour - probably because he has some $$$$ riding on it!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
tell me do u have money invested with him ?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I would get a new broker.
0 Kudos
Vogon_Poet
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
he is collecting a nice profit from this and is using your money to do this
0 Kudos
Vogon_Poet
Occasional Contributor
OK I take your point, tanks, by the way, how do I find out who the majority shareholders are and what their stakes are? If they are 50% BEE it isn't showing on the details screen thingy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
go WEZ, Company profile, list major share holders / The Bakubung 33.00%, Skweyiyate TE 7.30 %, Ngculu VL 7.30 %
0 Kudos
GdM
Frequent Contributor
Can someone please enlighten me what a Vogon Poet is?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi VP you should ask your broker why he thinks there is going to be a massive dip in price.If he cannot give you an explanation as to why he thinks it may have a massive drop, i would find another broker. If he says that he knows why but cannot say then he has some inside info that no one else knows about.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Come on,everyone knows.
0 Kudos
GdM
Frequent Contributor
Russ, this is really doing my head in. There must be some reasonable explanation.
0 Kudos