Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Run for the hills?

Bouwer
Super Contributor
Really looks like it is in some trouble. 21 EMA went below 89 for the first time in a few years.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I see it has a PE of 57. that's a very high PE... maybe some cooling off is needed for it to maintain a decent performance... lets watch it... i never owned this share but over the years wondered how i could have missed it. had an incredible run though!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Let's see now - they have mail.ru which may or may not be affected by US sanctions against Russia, tencent whose minimization strategy has been curbed by the chinese government blocking their moves and a 57 times PE. All in all, not a lot to be pushing the stock up right now. Big risk stuff. But if it drops, I will buy. Russian sanctions won't materialize, Tencent will come up with some other clever loophole in China and DSTV has not even begun to experience what growth in Nigeria will do for their subscriber base. This is my stock pick for my nephews' trust fund
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
if it comes down in value, i will also definitely start looking at buying a few shares...
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
I saw Frans De Klerk on bday tv the other day saying it could go to about R850 level but even at that level it will still be a brilliant share to have. All the selling is/was from people who bought to high on momentum and now need to cut losses. Would love to add this to my portfolio but unfortunately outside my price class..
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Was a great Iron Maiden song
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
we analysed NPN's PE and other fundamentals before(yes, the time when Preston mixed his rands and cents)...for investment, the current price is the price to buy.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
at the current share price of about 102434 cents, the projected PE for 2016 is 22 for earnings forecast of about 38% increase....even with PE of 57 now( i see 39 somewhere), the share price by 2016 will be well over R2000(2000 00 cents)...so if you believe the forecast earnings, then buy now at current price. If earnings fall short of expectations, then sell it...thats "big league" investing...
0 Kudos
manere_fortis
Frequent Contributor
tencent down 3% yesterday, techs still looking wobbly
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
my bloomberg app has it off 0.97% in Hong Kong this morning
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Yesterday 1000 was a nice round figure(rands)
0 Kudos