Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SA Trader Wizards

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
The big picture here is to do a South African version of the hugely popular and insightful book - Market Wizards in which Jack D Schwager did a series of interviews with traders and investors and published those interviews verbatim.

The ideal plan is to publish the book late this year or early next with 10-12 interviews in total.

The first interview was with Keith McLachlan, I have the transcript and will be sending out this weekend. It is 21 pages and if anybody else is keen to read and comment please drop an email at [email protected] with the subject "transcript" and I will send you a copy .. All I ask is for you to send me any feedback you have on the interview
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
sponono
Super Contributor
cant wait for that book, Si
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and will somebody be interviewing you Simon?
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
Who are South africa's Paul Tudor jones,Alan Howards,Paulsons etc.I cant think of anybody off hand except maybe more Value type investors in RMBH trio,Jannie Mouton ,Johann Rupert,Christo Wiese(yes I went to Stellies but no bias in list)brian Joffe as they all certainly know how to trade a good deal
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I not interviewing CEO's .. that been done to death
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
Technically CEOs aren't investors, they're allocaters of capital that often become operationally involved with the businesses they buy, integrate and add-value to. When was the last time any minority investor/trader on the JSE got "operationally involved" with any company whose couple shares they hold? Apples versus oranges. Totally different.
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
Ok but my question is who are South africas best traders and who do we think is the best? like example a Paul Tudor Jones/George Soros of SA. I dont know of any off hand why I brought up the CEO's.Get my point?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well thats why i asked who or whether Simon will be interviewd..will Garth Makenzie be there...what about good old Roffey.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and its not just the best traders...just "famous" ones?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and its not just the best traders...just "famous" ones?
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
i hope somebody interviews rams ?? then i will buy 10 copies
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
lol (Interview with Rams)Now that will be a best seller, and could propel Simon Brown on Forbe Top 100 list.
0 Kudos