Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SAB

PaulC
Super Contributor
Any idea why the large drop today? Was there a div I missed? Damn me for buying them :)
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
results this morning
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Is this PaulC "The Legend"?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
call me dumb but I reckon this is a bit of an overreaction, yes input costs are goin to rise and trading will be harder but i've just bought 1000 shares. lets see what happens from here.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bought some meself lets c.I agree massive over reaction,anyways i will just have to drink more and more and more
0 Kudos
Not applicable
its come back almost R4 since I bought 600 sabstbs this morning my other 700 SABSTBs are looking very sorry for themselves...
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Nope I dont recall ever having refered to myself as "The Legend" maybe one day ill BE a legend .. wait no unlikely.
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
They made an announcement ,that is SAB. They expect lower than expected results for the next quarter.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Tz, KIM, just interest, on what do you base the idea of an overreaction? Im serious, cause, if the market as a whole can get it wrong Id like to know how to spot this so I can benefit? In fact, all I can see is that after todays action I'll get a short-signal on SAB!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
When it got down to R178 that to me was a bit overboard and happened too quick. My first thought it that the share dropped triggering a load of stop losses which cause a bigger than warranted drop in the price after which it started to claw its way back. will have to see how the next few days go.
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
Where is the logic in this? Surely with the all share down 2% in a day, SAB should go up with all the alcohol consumed by the people handing themselves over to alcohol?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I might be wrong but when I checked out the graphs eaarlier SAB had a +/- 18 months support line at about the 18100c level so we looking for a turnaround over here after some consolidation.....IMHO....Can anyone confirm?
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
All moving avarages were sloping down, never buy until the short-term moving averages start turning up.price was also lower than moving avarages.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Volume today also significant. 17150 will be the next BIG support. It coincides with 2007's low and 2006's high. SAB will eventually test those 2007 lows. It'll bring SAB more in line with a fair price....
0 Kudos
jamoo
Frequent Contributor
hey, i guess you bought too soon. hold on, the tide is about to turn. technical is a strong 'buy'.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry i came back late, agree with all and most above.But only time will tell i hope it turns quick i would hate to c stoploss triger
0 Kudos