Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SAB

Russ
Super Contributor
Since I bought some sabsbb I have been drinking more beer.My efforts are starting to show in the share price.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
barry_1
Super Contributor
yes have the same feeling,but won't commit just yet as i feel the market might contract over the next few days,but will buy as they are coming up to their Finals ,with good results as always OMO in May.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Barry. Somthing I think you should look into. I know you like to buy shares leading into the finals,but I think you should also consider buying shares in the days following a futures close out. There is a very high probability that the shares will rise in the week after close out based on the last 4 years of data. This week is no diffrent.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks John,I did not know that.Glad for your help.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Is there still a gorgeous little brewery at Long Tom?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Its not cast in stone but it does seem to have a very positive effect also the 4 weeks leading into the close have been bad for stocks.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Quick answer, John, but I don't follow ...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Going back over the last 4 years the month leading into the close out hasw had all the big drops and the week after has had some great rallies...My thinking is this, the more speculative the market( very bullish) the more unsophisticated investors with small back accounts trade these highly leveraged markets. They are unwilling to risk being caught holding a contract at close out ( as they can't aford settlement) so they are heavy sellers leading into the close and heavy buyers afterwards. That is my best answer so far, happy to hear anybody else views.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes Hops Hollow.Swill some there then drive down into Lydenburg,be careful on the curves though!Better to stay overnight at their hotel!Naomi is walking/running the Long Tom 21k this year for the third time on Saturday.There is also the 71K Extrata Race,qualifier for the Comrades.I'm her manager,so have no time to enter m'self,thank goodness!
0 Kudos
bulletjie_1
Frequent Contributor
Back to Hops Hollow, was there a few weeks ago. It is apparently for sale, so enjoy the beer while it lasts.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
HEY JOHN IS THERE NO PLACE TO FIND OUT/GET HOLD OF A LIST OF ALL THE UPCOMING CLOSING DATES OF THE VARIOUS COMPANIES? WOULD BE VERY USEFUL TO HAVE THAT...LISTED IN DATE ORDER...I AGREE MANY INVESTORS CANT AFFORD THE SETTLEMENT..ME INCLUDED
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
It hapens 4 times a year march june sep and dec. on the 3rd thursday of that month. Last week thursday was the end of the march contract.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
truth is you can easily roll over the contracts with no settlement, but like I said thats my best guess.
0 Kudos