Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SACOIL PREDATOR

Not applicable
Does anybody if the JSE investigation request by Robin Vella into SCL predatory trading / short selling has been released.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it won't be released to general public. And anyways expect nothing, short selling is not illegal, nr is hype buying .. it is called a market ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Simon.. ok so why would they request the JSE to look into the transactions ?
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
called smoke and mirrors.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Because Robin and co, are massively exposed at around 240 odd. So naturally, they are trying every last resort they can to unpack why the share price is tanking so badly. Interestingly enough, another old hand on the trading seen, Greg Blank, was also caught on the wrong end of this.I have to agree with Simon though, unlikely to find share price manipulation on this, IMO
0 Kudos
Cuervo
Occasional Contributor
I will keep my eyes open for anything on that. It would be interesting to see if anything does happen. The share price is moving upwards though which is a good sign.
0 Kudos
phd
Contributor
If the Sacoil directors would get off their *****s and do some work, instead of just speculating, their share price might do something positive. Until they actually have something tangible to show to the market, the market will not be impressed.
0 Kudos