Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SACOIL .. dont panic

Not applicable
For those who are trying to make sense of the SACOIL drop in price, dont panic and say with it. You will be rewarded once the duel listing comes thru and Total SA joins the existing partnership. Here is a link to Moneyweb for you.. http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page295165?oid=522700&sn=2009+Detail&pid=287226
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SKALA
Super Contributor
Sold mine late last year at a healthy profit. Will only now look to get in once price drops below 95. Where do you see Total SA getting involved?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
pirates
Contributor
they were trading at 125 when you posted and now they around 140 2 hours later...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
looks like a number of true speculators that climbed in for about 3 weeks now .. driving the price down is small bits and bytes .. this spooks the first time SCL buyers thyat have not research the company and its partners correctly.
0 Kudos
bilow
Contributor
Thanks for your comments, I held on and increased my holding when it dropped to R1.25.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
pardon my sceptisism but this is a manganese mining company that has sneakily capitalized on an oil opportunity - but what do they know about oil, and what exactly do they bring to the table? This is necessary for us to understand what the value proposition is - before their interests get eroded by the big boys?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
this has disaster written all over it. If yu think you can translate the fundamentals into price action then you are a market wizard the likes of which we have never seen before. Trade the price.....everything else is noise. Good luck.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bilow, you must a very happy chappie at the moment . Nice work... you bought when everyone were running away .. Buffet style.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would do as Ninja suggests i.e. trade the price.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The price has been traded. There comes a time when you have to look at the potential forward earnings and value .. similar to the guys that went in low with CAPITEC.. I would not have given them a chance of sucess.. taking on the big banks , but there you go.. they did it ... great.
0 Kudos
bongza22
Contributor
Why are investors on the radio, moneyweb giving Sacoil a negative speculation?
0 Kudos