Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SAL

TJB
Contributor
Taking a pounding this morning
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
Taurus
Super Contributor
Drops 1c and you call that a pounding...???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it might be a light smack with a dead fish if you've got SALQ
0 Kudos
vishal
Regular Contributor
Any idea why it is dipping?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
come on guys, can one really call 1 or 2c a dip? I'd be more suprised if it DIDN'T have at least a 5c trading range per day - say 2 down and 3 up. Same goes for every other share. Expect a few % up & down every day. It's called volatility.
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
This one's pulled back nicely and a good buying opportunity. Strong co, good product and strong mgmt.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ermmm . . . why's SAL taking such a pounding this afternoon?
:-)
0 Kudos
Ruby
Contributor
Any news on this one,down even more today!
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Don't know why it's taken such a downward trend, but sure it is only short term when the rest of the market is heading up, so buying in at the mid 90's level.
0 Kudos
TJB
Contributor
Not sure why it's dropped so badly, but forecast for this one is good with future with SXR. Not sure if it will drop anymore, but I think anywhere in the mid 90c range is a good buy. IMO
0 Kudos
bluenote
Occasional Contributor
See article http://www.miningmx.com/mining_fin/706707.htm Sallies rumoured to embarking on rights issue at 60cps!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I had to put on my brown trousers about an hour ago . . .
[miningmx.com] -- FLUORSPAR producer, Sallies, plans to recapitalise its business in a R75m rights offer the proceeds of which would be used to buy a new mining fleet and swell the company's bank balance, a market source said.
here's the rst of the article:
http://www.miningmx.com/mining_fin/706707.htm
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ha! snap
0 Kudos
TJB
Contributor
It's amazing how people panic and run. Keep selling them shares low guys and i'll keep buying em
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ooooh no you don't. I'LL buy them . . .
:-)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
In the last 6 years the highest volume to date was 5.5 million shares today we are over 10 million shares with a significant move south I think that one should not argue whith Mr Market on days like this as the general market is also up more than 1.5%. But I may be wrong!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Make that 12 million shares and its only midday.
0 Kudos
vishal
Regular Contributor
Hi Guys ,quiet an eventful day for this share, thinking of buying at 90c ,do you guys think this share might hit 80c anytime soon so that i can get a bit more profit when the share price rises again
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This is a definite case of insider trading! The SENS report was released at just after 11h00 today and the share price had already dropped by 17%! It's really not fair when this happens, as guys who saw the SENS report would've been able to sell out at more respectable prices!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ermmm how do you explain the article which was released on the 20th?
All the salient information in the SENS was contained in that article and was mostly in the market by the time the SENs was released.
0 Kudos