Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SAL

Not applicable
TJB, did you get any good prices on SAL today? What's the bet we get even better ptices tomorrow . . .
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Jacques_1
Frequent Contributor
Can someone explain what this 4 for 1 rights offer is and why its affecting the share price so negatively
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Official Definition:
"A rights offer is when a company offers existing shareholders the opportunity to buy more shares in the company at a discounted rate and without the need to buy through a broker."

As I understand it SAL is offering you 1 additional share for every four that you already hold. This means that their share value drops by a certain expected percentage but which SAL recompenses you by giving you extra shares at a discounted rate (60c in this case) which you can sell later at whatever the ruling price is at that time.
0 Kudos
TJB
Contributor
Got 20000 at 94c
0 Kudos
Ruby
Contributor
You can get them for 90c now!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
90 - 95c should be fair value by now? Ya?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Just put in my bid @51c... might have to wait till lunch time before its filled but I was not planning anything major this morning anyway,
0 Kudos
Not applicable
where're the huggies . . .
0 Kudos
Jacques_1
Frequent Contributor
I got burned on thier previous rights offer, bought at 95 it then dropped to 68 i think it was, my only salvage was to trade the options. At the end of the day i still lost, so i`m staying out.
0 Kudos
clay
New Contributor
If you look at the market cap before the share issue announcement and the new total number of shares that will be in issue after this fiasco, calculate the the price should be at around 91c.
0 Kudos
vishal
Regular Contributor
I see the volumes for this share are still relatively good.Anyone have any ideas on whether this share is a good buy at this level
0 Kudos
TJB
Contributor
IMO on this one anywhere in the 90c range on this is a good buy
0 Kudos