Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SAL

Russ
Super Contributor
A very sad looking graph.
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Yea, very bad ! And I bought @94 - worse trading decision in my trading history ! The PE shows -4.83 Does that mean it is trading too cheap ? It's now 64% off the all time high - something is wrong - very wrong - I wish I knew what.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Robbie,if you look at their last few months sens items their is no good news.CEO resigned,arbitration with Honeywell concerning about $6mil which Honeywell claims Sal owes them,strike at their operations,delay in posting their financial statements,etc.Their profit forecast for the year ending June 2008 is about R40 mil, but if they lose to Honeywell this could become zilch.They ran at a loss for the year ending 2006,hence their negative P/E. Also all the directors' dealings for the past year or so seem to be sales of shares,except for some stock options.It seems that the reasons for the share price dropping are all there in black and white.
0 Kudos
SALDANHA
Contributor
Russ, I can see you know what you are talking about, thanks for your comments. I have bought SAL at 103 and still keeping it but I have only invest R10 000. When must I jump out of SAL bus.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Speak of the devil,their results have just come out.Results look pretty poor at first glance.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Roffey buy divergence indicator spot on once again...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
He has been punting Sal recently,hasn't he? I think when it was about 73c if I remember correctly.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes that was the most recent...but once again he has been calling it a buy all the way down
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
I cannot believe that they still give Roffey airtime-the mind boggles.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Rings a bell doesn't it....December last year with DRD. The graphs start to look almost identical, so are the comments...
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Coronation still owes 11% in them. What do they see??
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Probably convinced by Christo Wiese to invest in this lame duck.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Have all the Sallies bulls come to bear? "What does this mean?"
0 Kudos
SALDANHA
Contributor
Up 9.4% this morning, hope that is it's turning point.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
The turning point will be in bottom line profits. This is a highly speculative share and sustainable share growth follow sustainable profit growth. omo
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
It looks like it has made a triple bottom with the Roffeys divergence on hand. Net Profit is 10% less...maybe price in already
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Their hard assets have picked up, which is good, but they have a problem regarding the cash flow from operating activities! It's not that bad, with proper management this is a turnaround story in the making and 55c could be a real bargain!
0 Kudos
Rohitht
Contributor
More like a double bottom!!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I heard that on TV, so I counted the 1 AUG low as well :)
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Reading the commentary, it looks like they have a better handle on their areas of risk, and they still got the going concern green light.
0 Kudos