Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SAPPI... OH NO...

Not applicable
can some1 please advise me on what the basic expected out come will be in the next 100days.???? please any advise with vaild indications will help me decide on weather to hold, or sell????? please help
0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
john_1
Super Contributor
please explain your reason for buying.. at what price and what is your investment time line.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
SAPSBI ?? not much good to be said about it .. plan you exit strategy before you enter, and stick to the strategy .. and this includes upside profit and downside loss ..
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Should test it's all time low and maybe get a small bounce back to 27, but not a good share to have got into in the first place. We all have done it, trying to catch the bottom.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Could retest R18??? Maybe you can recover some losses when it turns around to R27 - R31?? Big resistance at R31.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
this share has now assumed no. 1 all time spot overtaking what the dog did to me in 2005 in a single trade. Anyway cut at R28 for a huge loss from R38. Never believed in the fundamentals but also thought I was smart enough to trade the bounce that never came....stay away from this one as it's only going one way and thats to the ALTEX.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
my god so there is progress after all...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
were exactly...he just took a record loss.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
I have also taken a beating here, have a friend who gave me this "ho tip" that they were about to show some great results and invest in a new plant in europe. The plant was a terrible buy and the figures managed to b worse! So another shaft, u just got to love hot tips!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John...the progress is that he saw the wrongfulness of his ways...progress...albeit virtually imperceptible to the uninformed observer
0 Kudos
Not applicable
was his name Clive?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ah! if I remember correctly dinnen lost 2 million bucks on DRD so this must have been more than that
0 Kudos
Not applicable
in the next 30days... maybe perhaps, hopefull, wishing, it does recover abit so i can get out otherwise i am finished... this is the 3rd close call i have had since i started tradeing...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ok i bought a warrant, SB SAP CI, intial purchase @ 14c but rebought and now my COST 9c... what do i do because it is trading at 3c, or should i say it is not even trading... should i just sell it when they is a buyer or will it go up to 9c again so i can trade... please help me i know that i stepped into the sh*t but i guess we all do from time to time... i really need expert advise on this reply...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
two mistakes .. you averaged down - this is an absolute killer .. and you didn't have an exit startegy when you entered, beyond "make money" .. you can't randomly buy (and re-buy) and hope for profit ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
even at 14c that warrent has little to no value..so sell if you can 3 cent is better than zero..here is the thing if you buy a call warrent buy the most expensive it wil work out cheaper in the end.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, john be right .. first mistake was buying a 14c warrant ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I bought at 30c, still a buggerup - also waited for that bounce that didn't come. For a lesson to anyone - never average down! I did that once before when telkom dropped from 150 to 110 around 3 years ago - big mistake. The share will eventually recover, but the warrant will be worthless or expired when the recover happens. If you want to buy wait for it to drop way under 20.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
this be a bear market wait for the bounce then short...don't trade the bounce..that be a bull market statergy.
0 Kudos