Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SARS IT12 COMPLETION

sasa
Regular Contributor
Hi, what source code is used to denote revenue from share trading, and what code can be used for deduction of expenses incurred in generation of this revenue. I called SARS, but after waiting 30min, ended the call. Thx
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Use either other income/other loss and give a description.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sasa, u dont maybe drive a silver bmw with No. plate: SASA GP. that was double parked in hydepark on saturday?
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
Not guilty. Live in cape Town, and no BMW either. name comes from a project I got a bonus on which provided me with money for my trading portfolio!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just declare the income after taking out your expenses for its generations. Declare it as code 4250 CGT because the way i understand it it's like you saying you invested say R1000 and incurred expenses of R200 therefore your 4250 should be R800. Or otherwise declare it as other income i.e. revenue less expenses and then profit, use code 4401 (income other than dividends)
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
To close the loop, revenue entered with code 3707; expenses listed under "other deductions", with short explanation. Efiling form accepted.
0 Kudos