Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SASOL WHERE TO FROM HERE

SIMBA
Super Contributor
Over thev weekend the Yanks said oil should start to rise steeply until the year end.Opec said it should remain stable @ $60/ $70 and the Russians said it needed and will get a much higher price and they quoted $150 per barrel.As the worlds biggest energy producer should we follow them or the people who control the purse strings. I have already made my call and went back in @ $300 but i would appriciate any views.......
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Douw
Frequent Contributor
I have been riding the sideways moving Sasol with part of my SOL shares, keeping a fixed amount invested in case it takes off north. Yes, I think R300 is a good starting price if you keep some cash to replenish if it falls back to the 270's or lower. Nothing has really changed, the world is still oil hungry.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Long-term maybe, but there's a lot of oil stored right now, including a ton offshore on ships just sitting around. As the price rises, they'll start pushing that into the market. It could rise, but it's not a 1-way bet until there's solid improvement in the economy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Because SASOL sells their cheap 'coal petrol' at 'brent oil petrol' prices, they should infact make billions of profit...wonder where its all going to? probably flowing into their new bee scheme?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Should coastal consumers pay pipeline costs on sasol, like inland consumers pay on all fuel including Sasol?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
all the base product comes from sapref and natref,enraf in durbs and the chevron ref in CT and mosgass in durban sasol load base product from total ivt and put there own additive in. on the reef sasol produce the base and supply it to shell, engen etc the major difference is only the additive that is used.
0 Kudos