Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SBK Instalments

DEP
Super Contributor
Hi Simon. I hold XXXX SBKIHC instalments. I would like to know how will the 11.11% of shares that's being sold to ICDC at R136 per SBK share benefit my holding?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you will be forced to sell the 11.1% at R136 less the strike price. Cash will be paid into your accoutn at T+5.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
That is good news. Many Thanks.
0 Kudos
graycat
Contributor
hi,simon.i hold 450 sbk shares.can i sell all to icbc or do they only buy 11.1% from you thanks
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL nice try mate
0 Kudos
patch1
Contributor
hallo simon does the same apply to futures?
0 Kudos
DPC
Occasional Contributor
Could someone help me with the logic here; If I bought 100 SBK installments for lets say R30 and the exercise price was R80 sometime in the future, It then suggests that due to the pending transaction, 11 of my installments would be forgone for a deposit of R56 (R136 - R80). Therefore for an installment that cost me R30, I receive R56 which would be a profit of R26. This sounds like a great deal provided that when the transaction happens SBK does not tank? My question is, do the experts expect SBK to go down once the 11% is sold to the Chinese?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Safex has not as yet ruled on SSF's. But short answer is around 11.1% or you SSF's will be exited at R136. of course roundings etc. will come into play as each SSF needs to = 100 shares.
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
the experts guess is good as yours.Everyone has the same tools available .basically the "experts" can reason anspeculate but anything can happen
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
In your personal opimion. What is the optimum vehicle to do the investment. SSF, Warrants?
0 Kudos