Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SBK OST software problems

berts
Occasional Contributor
I am using STB OST for a year now. I like the fee structure and the website itself, lots of information and user friendly. The first 6 months I had no problems, but then some hickups (Shares missing from account, deals that were met not going through)that were fixed apart from a Quotes bank balance problem I am having for 6 months. On the first of April (no joke) they basicaly wiped out my R100,- balance and I decided to push them to fix this. Their reply was that 'a lot of traders are having this problem and they are working on it' After 2 weeks stil not fixed! so if i want live prices while they are working on the problem, I will have to pay for it. Is our mony stil save, seeing they have serious software problems?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
AJT
Super Contributor
OST safe, would hot worry about that, technical issues are frustrating, but then all companies experience them...
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
-and today all the share prices are frozen. Not sure if this is SBK's fault or the JSE. Still, SBK is simply not the bank it used to be.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
JSE down due to technical issues, nothing to do with SBK...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
so can we trade now? well nothing to trade now but will a trade go thru?
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
thanks , just got sms now that you can trade as from 10h00!
0 Kudos