Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SBK Train smash

Not applicable
All time low. Cheap share
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
DEP
Super Contributor
I don't understand SBK shareholders? Selling at R86, next week we will be getting R136 fo 11.11% of our holding!
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
At critical support. If it breaks 8600 with good volume then this share is really going to get smashed.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Panicking. Part of human nature. SBK will come back one day.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
A famous investor once said that the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent. The absolute truth you are looking for sense where none is present.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Will problably bounce again. This is weird. Saw the same with Primedia sale. Two weeks before the due date some people were selling at riduculously low prices. Think there is now a lot of people being squeezed really hard. For me. I will problably nibble again at that price this afternoon.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Part of the depression with banking shares has to be the decline in the Rand... currntly at R7.80 to $?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Venice, that was close. when will down trend be broken?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
D, do you see SBK selling for 13600 in the near future??? I hope you are right!!!
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Relborg no idea, maybe never but if the Top 40 turns and sells off then SBK will probably go with the flow. Either way long or short SBK is going to offer an opportunity to make money soon IMO.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I hope you are right Venice...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Low volume pushing share down, are the high volume buyers waiting for rock bottom?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dow will drive us further down when they open red.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Cois if your looking for movement in the near future why look at the banks, if going medium to long yes, short term look at whats moving theres a host of top 40 shares and others that are doing 50 times better than the banks heres a few BHP, KIO, ACL, IMP SOL, and so on, stop looking for short term profits in sectors that are under pressure. omo and all that.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I can see it going lower. I just wish I had some money to put into it when it comes back up. The problem is, how low will it have to go before it decides to turn around? :) Wish I had some cash to inject into it... This one will be back with avengence.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Agree fully with Asylum. Only acl,bil,exx,kio,mtn,gld,sol,imp,agl and ams still in longterm,meduim term and short term bull markets. All others bearish. Am also looking to go long upon retracement of bullish shares and short when bearish shares pick up. Trading against the trend has nearly cost me my initial capital in the past. OMO.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Your so right learner.
0 Kudos