Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SBK and China

hobo
Contributor
What has me baffled is that the share recovers immediately after going ex-div. I expected it to loose about R2.70 yesterday.... not complaining.
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
Maybe someone wants to do it!: I dont have the time but have been buying STD as well. Do correlation between banks individual and performance of fin index. If STD is badly correlated and the rest closer to 1 (better) AND fin index outperformed STD; then there is a good probability that something else influenced the STD share price like the BOC deal
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
ICBC are strategic investors, i.e. long term - they will not try and manipulate SBK share price either way. This is a done deal, they are here to growth with SBK. Short term investors are reading to much into the share price, the whole of SA shares were sold off in the past 2 weeks... SBK should recover well after 11.11% shares are sold to ICBC.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Either way, looks like it's gaining some upward momentum, I'm sure that the SB shareholders who managed to hang on are a little happier today. Still a long way up though....
0 Kudos