Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SBK any news out there

platsak
Super Contributor
Any explanations for the 6% rise today?
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
platsak
Super Contributor
OK see ASA and INL also running. Emergency Rate cut on the cards today or Tomorrow?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
nah market was expecting mark to market rules to be changed in the USA which would have rocketed bank shares, not to be be, old saying buy the rumour sell on the fact.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Any confirmation that MPC meeting earlier than scheduled on 15 & 16 April?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Asylum . Still climbing. Somethings got the market in a tizz
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
c'mon 8% on SBK, what's going on?
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
I am so burning to get back into a SBK, I can hardly sit! The question is just when....? I'm bargaining on a return move to the neckline of the H&S. I'll take a nibble at about R71 / R72.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Short. SHORT at R71 /R72...!
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
I think it might be because Chartist started twisting those orbs.
0 Kudos
Mr_Bean
Frequent Contributor
Maybe taking a 33% stake in Russias largest bank, deal worth R3b, might have something to do with the move?
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Yeow! See the volume on FNB? 49M! You'd swear they were having a sale. I think it looks suspiciously like the characteristic explosion in volume which occcurs when a H&S breaks the neckline.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Really...! Whatever happened to trying not to surprise the market? First he says the house is on fire then he says no, no, no, we've had a 'nice' delcline in inflation - no emergency fire extinguishers.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
10% and still running!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yes about bloody time to my ssf on sbk was looking a sorry state, much better now.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Either, a rally to the neck-line, after which all hell breaks loose, or a rally above and beyond the neck-line for a huge recovery in finacial markets?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Short covering! To many people shorting the banks, now they are forced to buy back.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
A recovery there will be one day. But I doubt very much it's going to be at a spectacular rate. Reversing the greatest financial crisis in history is likely to be a long, drawn out, muddle through affair. It's not going to go up anywhere near as fast as it came down. I think the Soros outlook is the most convincing. We have come to the end of an era. The old heights are a long, long way off.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I dunno - short covering? to between 4-13% across Sbk, Inl, Ned, Asa, Oml ... there must be more to it than that?
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
SBK @ 6975 is just trying to outperform NED which is @ 6990...
0 Kudos