Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SBK at these levels?

Not applicable
Looking at the price chart it seems that SBK is overbought at current levels. The RSI and ROC seems to confirm... Anyone agree/disagree?
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
platsak
Super Contributor
Thats like telepathy. Thinking the same thing in my posting.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Absolutely, and is trading at level of resistance. WHEN is the pull-back!
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Absolutely agree sbk a good short at these levels. OB and trading on resistance. No meaningful volumes with yesterday/todays up move so expect to turn soon. I shorted a bit early propose waiting for confirmation of reversal unless your a gambling man!! haha
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
I see the only put warrant here is SBKDBZ, issued by the deutshe bank. why does it seem like people arnt keen on trading warrants that are not issued by standard bank?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
where do you find the warrant matrix for this?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Matrix availablr from the respective warrent writer, Sbk popular because easier having everything available. Make sure you have the tele no for events when trading online from this site is not facilitated as other writers prices often not updated here.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Where is this one headed??
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
There is serious resistance around 84-85.It is very overbought.I think the next move will be down.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Alternativerly there looks to be major support at 82,doesnt seem to wanna go below..If it breaks 84 it could very well be headed to its 52 week high
0 Kudos
bilow
Contributor
Overbought, blame the dividend LDT 27/03
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree it looks like a good short
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Looks like its in a downward channel. If the trend confirms it will problably turn from the 87-90 level. From there its a long way down. I am considering going short from the above levels. With a tight stop loss. Your opinions will be apreciated as usual.
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
I'm with you on this one Skaapie....been picking at SBKDBZ since R74 ...picked up hopefully last batch at 12c today. SBK wasnt this high since Sep 08. Also doesnt help that chances of more interest rate cuts have been dashed. If and when it does drop...what is the next support level?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Thanks for buying my sbkdbz at 12c,Rovert!I sold when I saw sbk was going to close above 85 ie.outside its down channel.It is overbought though.The problem is that shares can stay overbought for quite long.I chickened out.
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
haaaa yeah well i hope it doesnt last long!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Who has guts to buy standard bank at around 90bucks??Its a 50% increase from the 5th of march....the chances of a pullback is high
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Thank you all for not laughing at me for exiting my sbk short yesterday.If you want to laugh try this:I sold my impsba on 11 march for 42c and 43c.Today's price:82c.Bugger!
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
Maybe its time to jump into the puts here?? what you think?
0 Kudos