Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SBK how safe is our online trading platform?

Not applicable
Guys last year on of our forum members had discovered his/her account was wiped out (not to say from SBK). This is very serious as its occuring often in the press. What are you guys doing about this problem.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
What do you mean by wiped out? This is the first time I hear such thing. I like others had some intra-day technical issues, but wiped out - not as far as I can remember. Maybe before June 06?
0 Kudos
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
Nonsense. The worst that can happen is that someone will break int o your account and go wild, buying and selling. The only account I can transfer my money too is my own account. How will a fraudster steal your money?? Just keep your login info safe - which is pathetically easy. Only trade from one PC (the one ONLY you use), log off when you're done and never-ever ever download executables from the net and delete all emails (regardless of content) from people that you do not know. Computer security these days are very strong... the weakest link in the chain is you.. the user.
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
If you have security concerns I recommend you discuss it directly with SBQ. I personally do not have SBK security concerns - more concerned about trading functionality and connectivity.
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Well, that would be really hard to do. Assuming the account got hacked and funds transferred out, those would not clear immediately, would they ? I must say though, that a little thing disturbed me a few weeks ago. I wanted some funds transferred from my share account into my warrants account. I phoned and asked for this to happen. All the call centre required was my SEQ account, no secondary verification of who I was. I enquired about the procedure for external transfer and was cheerfully informed it would be the same. I have seen some people posting their SEQ id here, bad move !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Augy the biggest threat to anyone's account comes from the person who has the easiest access....
0 Kudos