Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SBK offer - Surely it's easy money?

DCTrader
Super Contributor
You buy 100 shares now for R95... on Monday they buy back 12 of those shares at R136. Am I missing something? Besides the possible pullback on Monday after the LDT...
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Maddog
Regular Contributor
lessons that have cost me the most money 1) there is no easy money if u thought of it so did a billion others before u 2) never underestimate the power of a pullback after LDT Those who got in real early can get out a lot lower than you at higher profit 3) if you think you are missing something you proberly are
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So you guys would expect a pullback? I must say, that it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Now to plan the exit strategy....
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is monday 25 Feb last day to trade ion this deal?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no, tomorrow!!! 22.02.2008
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes, it most certainly is tomorrow close of play. I guess it's pretty safe to say that volumes should be high and the price should climb a bit more tomorrow. I'll be keeping my eye on it...
0 Kudos
hobo
Contributor
As I read it: Your example of buying 100 shares @ R95. 11.1% (11 shares)get sold @ R136 per scheme. You are left with 89 shares that effectively cost you R89.93 ea. The big question: Are S/bank worth 8993?. OMO. YES indeed.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In short, even at R95 you get a good deal. I didn't really think of it that way. That also means that there is still room for upward movement.
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
You will find that SBK is currently bouncing on the 500 day Exponetial Moving Average. Most of the other Banks droped like stones through this level. I don't know what this means, but I guess that somebody out there with deep pockets is buying at this support level.
0 Kudos