Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SBK

Salv
Frequent Contributor
Any Thoughts on the OST technical analysis on SBK?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
saash
Super Contributor
Yes - it looks like a superb short at 109-50.
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
With a target of 56? Is that not a little overboard ? I know the market doesnt care, but just trying to understand how the technical analysis shows such a massive drop ?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I would say a safe short-term short to 96. But if you look at the 5-10yr chart, there are a lot of other patterns at play other than the double top 1-yr pattern. By failing to hold 100, target is the height of entry into the flag pattern, so yes - support target of around 59 or so. Add that to the trough target of the double-top, this share is in trouble if it doesn't pull out a rabbit.
0 Kudos
alleycat
Contributor
It's not only a double top but a triple top from Nov 2007.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
currently sitting on an 11 times PE. If it comes in at the low end of its forecasted earnings (800cps), and it gets rerated to a 9 times PE, then sure, R56 a share is quite possible. Just look at ABSA. And here in a nutshell is my trading style. I like to know that there is a little bit of fundamental logic to a technical forecast.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
its very dangerous to trade different chart patterns , or look for different chart patterns to trade...if you trading double tops, then trade double tops all the time...i can find other chart patterns on the SBK chart that tells another story.Is it also not dangerous to mix technicals and fundamentals becos then BIAS comes in...saw this in Traders Corner also...not my style
0 Kudos
Not applicable
in a simple nutshell - bollocks
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
not in a mood to discuss this all over again, and any way, if thats your style then its your style, but not mine..there is 2000 reasons why its not my style!
0 Kudos