Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SECRET TO A LONG MARRIAGE

Ninja
Super Contributor
With a couple celebrating their 50th anniversary at the church's marriage marathon, the minister asked Brother Ralph to take a few minutes and share some insight into how he managed to live with the same woman all these years. The husband replied to the audience, "Well, I treated her with respect, spent money on her, but mostly I took her traveling on special occasions." The minister inquired trips to where? "For our 25th anniversary, I took her to Beijing , China ." The minister then said, "What a terrific example you are to all husbands, Ralph. Please tell the audience what you're going to do for your wife on your 50th anniversary?" Ralph: "I'm going to fetch her."
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
jack12
Super Contributor
LOL Told the wife we going on holiday, she jumped for joy. When asked I said why China of course. She threw her arms around me after many many hugs and kisses, I made the fatal mistake of showing her the letter. Ooooops DOG fodder again!!
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Another Couple's secret: When asked how they had managed to stay together so peacefully for 50 years the man replied: "On our honeymoon we went the Grand Canyon. We were on a mule trail heading down into the Canyon when my new wife's donkey stumbled and nearly fell over. My wife slapped and yelled angrily at the poor animal "That's One!!". Fifteen minutes later the animal stumbled again to be met with a slap and "That's Two!!". Half an hour later the beast stumbled again. This time she jumped off and yelled "That's three!!". Then she whipped out a Magnum 45 and put a bullet through the poor creatures head!. I was shocked and started argueing with her and told her how unreasonable she had just been. She slapped me on the side of the head and yelled to me: "That's One!!"..."
0 Kudos