Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SENS Announcement: Panic Sell

GAF1984
Occasional Contributor
I read the SENS about the cancellation of the Cautionary. And all of a sudden everyone has started selling... Anything to be worried about? Have all talks about a possible buy-out ended and no longer on the cards?
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
would certainly seem so ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an now what does eqstra do with the 28.67% it holds? nasty over hang
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My gut tells me these guys are dead in the water. They aren't even boasting about an order book - they are boasting about an unawarded pipeline! So if a buyout couldn't be struck off the back of a due dilligence, that has to tell you that there is nothing of value here. My advise to shareholders - unless you know something about their business model we don't - get out while you still can. There are better stocks out there to recoup your loss
0 Kudos
KKKK
Contributor
would they not be able to get into the deal cheaper now. It seems this was deliberate by EQS that the withdrawal of the cautionary to force the stock price to decrease big time. I still think its on the cards, but lets wait and see in the next 6 months what they do.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
EQS officially lists their holding in PKH as 'held for sale' .. so we have no deal and a massive over hang ..
0 Kudos
KKKK
Contributor
where can i find this detail
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
annual financial statements as distributed on 27 Sep
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
At no point are the discussions specifically linked to EQS. EQS is obliged to inform PKH in the presribed format under certain conditions only - largely aimed at enforcing a general offer on general terms at certain holding thresholds in order to protect minorities. There would not necessarily be any need for them to "discuss" this with the PKH board. PKH is NOT disclosed as "AVAILABLE FOR SALE!" It is shown under "LISTED INVESTMENTS"
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
See SIMON - that is me practicing WISHFUL THINKING - LOL!!
0 Kudos
Airborn
Contributor
Read EQS annuals again.... Held for sale???
0 Kudos
Airborn
Contributor
0 Kudos
Airborn
Contributor
0 Kudos
Airborn
Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, the market has assumed the PKH cautionary was EQS making an offer - and that always most likely )not not 100% sure) .. but the PKH stake IS held for sale, check page 121 at http://www.eqstra.co.za/reports/ar_2012/pdf/full.pdf
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
You guys really need to learn to "read." I said that the whole posting was "wishful thinking!" - Right down to the romanticized version of the financials.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
overly complicated for late friday ..
0 Kudos