Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SEQ Accounts

Not applicable
Dear SEQ, in a country where constant electricity supply is a known problem, please could you take the fifteen minute waiting period off my account. I am sick and tired of having to wait while my session clears after a power surge / interruption crashes my desktop. Your urgent attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
peekay
Frequent Contributor
Try a UPS, for a few hundred rand your problem will be solved (or much improved)
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
But I do agree, 15 minutes is very long. It is not always power that is the problem. My IE7 kept on crashing and that was also very frustrating for me. I now reverted back to IE6
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Get a generator bud, this is the new South Africa
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
Even worst is when you open your personal bank to transfer cash to avoid automatic close out and then you must wait 15 mins
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Got a UPS for computer and TV - having much more fun and less frustration !
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Helpful tip....Bookmark this link: https://www.scmb.co.za/servlets/za.co.scmb.www.fetcher.EquitiesSecureFetcher/newframes.asp If you click on it within the 15 mins it takes you straight back in.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if the front door is locked... try going thru windows...
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
...this is SA after all...so take the TV when you leave.
0 Kudos
bothac_1
Contributor
i just suffer another loss because of the 15 min lock out. How many more losses are we going to have to suffer before Standardbank does something about it? We ask you to please solve this problem!
0 Kudos