Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SFM Agreement - Simon

Mine
Contributor
Under "General Powers" it claims that SFM can attend meetings and vote on behalf of the investor. Isn't that a bit dangerous to accept or am I understanding it wrong?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Preston
Super Contributor
Hi there. I do not believe that there is any risk attached. Because every proxy needs to signed by yourself or some indication on the way you are going to vote. From my understanding from Friends who are in the "Internal Audit Profession " i.e Risk managers/ EXCO members is each and every proxy is traced to supporting documentation and is basically subject to strict Internal Audit control. So in essence Standard Bank cannot do as it likes I hope this help?
0 Kudos
Mine
Contributor
My concern was that it doesn't appear as if they need your permission?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
This clause in our mandate is so that we can vote on your behalf if you so wish in terms of your verbal/written instruction when/if shares you own entitle you to voting on an issue, failing the appointment we would have no legal standing at the meetings on your behalf as agent to effect your wishes if any.
0 Kudos