Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SFM - Chartist

CE
Super Contributor
Why did SFM remove his posting with regard to the FSB / Roffey story ? I am aware that there are a lot of mixed feelings about the Chartist / Roffey issue, but surely his posting was relevant and of interest to inverters and traders ?? Those who do not agree do not have to read it, simple ! I can not find any reason for this action and find it disturbing to say the least.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
CE
Super Contributor
Investors and traders that is !!!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
I agree with you CE as soon as SFM think there might be a few unhappy people on this forum they remove the post. If people dont like what is being said then don't join this forum!Some forumites will say this forum should only be used for discussing shares. I say all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.If you dont like it join page 88.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
His discussion was about "shares", it is relevant. Sincerely hope Simon or somebody from SFM will reply to this post. Let's see !!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think that's the whole point. If some people can't knuckle down to a few rules, including those of common decency, then they're free to go to sites such as page88. Eventhough he may have been lucky in getting one or two predictions right, and it appears that his video's create a stir, I think this forum is better off without the likes and morals of his majesty the queen.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
funny thing is most of the people on this forum arnt qualified enough to even speculate about share price movements. the ones who do usually just end up showing how stupid they really are. Chartist was one of the people who probably knew the most on the forum. The Roffey saga was an interesting debate and i do resent SFM for taking it down. Its also telling on how a group affiliated with & owned by such a large company (Standard Bank) can be scared out of their wits by a simple lawyers letter.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
AvS - you got something against the man ? Looks like it. Chartist merely share his knowlege and "how he see things" with fellow forumites. Please do not tell me you did not check out his TOP40 video......
0 Kudos
Not applicable
come on guys, you can't really be serious. Just because somebody can put internet video presentations together (which I'd prefer not to see, thanks) does not make his analysis any more respectable than the next guy's.
And I'd be careful about dissing the other okes on this forum or calling them stupid. There are some seriously savvy AND experienced traders/investors on here who have been in this business longer than the drama queen's old.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
You seem to be missing the point. The point is why did SFM remove the post. That has nothing to do whether people are stupid or clever or whether the man in question is likeable or not.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ya, yer right - got a bit sidetracked.
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
You are just b^mmed because he did not do your chart that you asked him for on that little insignificant penny share of yours yaaawnn i forget the name something to do with milk or something.....woof
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you got the wrong guy buddy
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
I wooonder - if this is happening to posts of this nature what share posts are being manipulated !!!!!
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
awwww and i was so hoping to pick a fight
0 Kudos