Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SFM site slower than a que at home affairs

john_1
Super Contributor
Is it me or is the site very slow the last couple of days, and if it is my computer is there anything I can do to fix the problem, thanks in advance...tech retard!
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Wizard
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
maciver
Contributor
It is the site and the service providers . I have had the same problems and nothing wrong with my computers .
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
It is the site that is slow. Just restart your PC "now and then", don't leave it on for days on end.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i get into other sites very fast as i have ASDL but i'm finding it difficult even to download my portfolio let alone live prices!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ive had no problem with this site in particular. there have been greater problems recently with many sites though, in that case i always set my browser to connect manually through a proxy connection.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Richard Sedan ( andisa head ) phoned me, He wanted to know how I make so much money. He also wanted to tell me that the problem is with telkom. He is trying to get it sorted.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Pravin Gordhan phoned me, he wanted to know if I know John...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I am sure that was wiity, but it went over my head, who is he? Oh! and please to meet you.
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
John, you crack me up. One of the most active on the forum (and by extension, we assume most profitable??) and you don't know the head of SARS. Bwoohahahahaha Only in SA.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Actually they tried to call me first, but Trevor Manuel had me on the line since 8 this morning asking me a whole bunch of things he needs for his next policy speach.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
First do not assume that because I can type ( badly and with questionable spelling and no idea of puntuation) that I can trade. I would also suggest that my main purpose for my using this forum is to have a laugh so If I can find some way of doing that even at my own expence it is a job well done , And lastly it is only the rich and smart who dont pay taxes so I again ask, who is this P- something dude you keep refering to.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Pravin Gordhan i believe was a relativly unknown mp. only claim to fame is he was chairman of the World Customs Organization from 2000-2006....quite irrelevant really. dunno what he has to do with anything relating to the stock market though.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
If one of you well-connected souls tells Bush that Pravin has links to Al Qaeda maybe they'll put him on a list of suspects and close down his Organization!!
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
John, Pravin Gordhan is the Commissioner of the South African Revenue Services and one of those people who has done this country proud, imho. We may not like it ( I certainly don't), but he's brought incredible efficiencies to SA's fiscal affairs and he is also an absolute gentleman and one of the kindest and more compassionate people I know. Many years of activism there, before making it to SARS. Certainly one of SA democracy icons.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ditzy thank you, you kind hearted soul. I do know. I was just having a laugh, it may not have been very funny but I am a little rusty.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos