Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SFM time-out

kr_pto
Super Contributor
Does anyone else get frustrated by the timeout on this website? I cant count the number of times I have to log on again. I can understand the security need, but at the very least we should be able to set out own inactivity time-out values. Pretty please SFM?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
peekay
Frequent Contributor
I agree, but we are all human, will set the timeout to 2 days, and then security runs out the back door.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
I think the time out is a must especially if you dont log off and just close explorer with a long time out you are leaving the back door open to security risks as hackers are always on the lookout for open gateways.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
new system on its way.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
ah, thanks Simon! looking forward to it. and other guys, obviously there needs to be a maximum too, but 30 mins is at least better than the current 5 or 10 minutes...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it will most likely be set at 20 minutes but like the online banking will warn you before logging you out.
0 Kudos