Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SHF

djw
Regular Contributor
What is going on with this share? Down 16% in 6 weeks - I understand the advance book build at R52 - is this another Ad***** Ingram? - Do you hold or just take the pain and get out - really cant see this one getting back to R60 -
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Vince888
Regular Contributor
Depends on your strategy. I currently hold and intend to hold for long.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
Vince my strategy was/is to hold the share until after the listing on the DAX and selling the stock out in the mid 60s This was a short term trade - for almost 3-6 months. I am just worried that SHF might be looking at buying Ellerines. Dont/hope they do it.
0 Kudos
Molemishi
Contributor
This is very painfull, i bought at 56 and sold at 50
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it concerns around europe .. german and french gdp were not exicting
0 Kudos
leoridge
Contributor
Rand not helping either.
0 Kudos
Vince888
Regular Contributor
DJW, SHF, share has really rallied in the last few months and with rights issue, there is no way that the share price will hit R60 in the 3 month period. A lot of companies that raise money through a rights issue, showned a fall below the rights price and then starts inceasing over time. Steinhoff to release their results soon and expected earnings may decrease and also with a strenghthening will contribute, I dont think it will hit R60 soon. In the Long term though (3 - 5) years, I see SHF surpassing R100, on condition they turnaround JD Group.
0 Kudos
Vince888
Regular Contributor
Stengthening of rand
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
Vince many thanks for your insights. I will probably end up holding the share for the long term. The ABB really caught me by surprise but this is also the 1st time I have been involved in a share that will list on an alternative exchange
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good time to buy a very good quality share.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yesterdays selloff is what I call an exhaustion move - I trade those. If I wasn't already in an SHF trade, I would take that up in a heartbeat.
0 Kudos