Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SHOULD I BUY AT 6700?

Not applicable
IM NEW TO SHARE TRADING.... I GOT AROUND 150 K TO INVEST AND AM A RECENT CA... WUD IT BE WISE TO INVEST IN THIS SHARE?? ANY HOT BUYS?? I WANA MAKE THIS 150K INTO 300K+ IN TWO YEARS... AND THEREAFTER PUT THAT DOWN AS A SUBSTANTIAL DEPOSIT ON A TOWNHOUSE.. SOL?? AT 370?? MAYBE 100 SHARES??
0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
barry_1
Super Contributor
i'm sure w'll all try to help put on the right road,attend SBKs seminars if possible....do your own research....use the basic movinng average as well as basic reasons to buy and sell...by the way,its rude to use capitals only,as it is considered as shouting.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Shuck's sorry dude..is GFI viable at 6700??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My bet is yes,in a 2 year time-frame.GL
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
why risk that exposure?? go by compound interest...i think SBK OST account earning monthly compound interest of 10.3%...i could be corrected...but no chance of loosing money...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GFI should be a safe bet with a two year view.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Safe bet for a 100% return over 2 years????I think you need to relise that all people who comment on this thing are biased and its all a matter of opinion. I could tell you SBk is going to hit R300 in 2 years! But is that really true or is it just me giving you false hope. I think you need to look at the old wise people on this forum, and you will quickly realise who they are. They will never tell you whats good and whats not but they can help you discover what is the right path to follow. The ultimate decision is alwasy in your hands. By the way, jsut compare the people who have replied to your post. Only Barry has given you good advice! Been on this forum for ages. And people like Barry, Simon, Chartist, mkdir, etc are reliable but it always OMO - Only My Opionion - Remember that.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Newbee. please tell me that you will consider my opinion as an opinion only. It seems that OZone has a problem with opinions but does not have one himself. Good luck!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
first thing be patient and paper trade should help you get your rhythm i have lost lots over the years listening to ppl just form your strategy first then see if it works then start the markets will always be here
0 Kudos
Running_bull
Frequent Contributor
newbee = brain ??? Are you wanting to double with daily trading or long term investing? If you are new to trading i wouldnt suggest short term. Long term look into economic conditions that may prevail over the next 2 years. (dollar strength, gold demand, oil demand, emerging markets, alternate energy, commodoties etc)
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
You are unrealistic in your goals. If it was this easy to double your money, everyone would do it. The market has run log and hard and current volatility is nothing more than a consolidation phase after which the market could continue its uptrend or go in a bear phase. In my books the party is over. Rather take that R150 grand and invest (deposit) it in property. Buy a small townhouse in a great location (close to Gautrain stations) - Centurion or Hatfield, rent it out, and live below your means for the next two years when you throw every penny at you bond. You won't be sorry.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
To double your money every two years needs a growth rate of around 40 odd % a year. Not many people achieve that ever. Have a look at Topgun's stockpicker challenge to see what people on this forum own and invest in. http://www.orbiterinvestments.com/stockpicker/ Not many people above the benchmark this year. Although it would have looked much better last year.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Newbee786, i can show you how to double that money in a month or so, but what would you pay me?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BTW i bowt 300 GFI shares,a broker frend of mine reckons in short term could see losses but long term it will go back up to 90/100.. I put a stop loss of 6250..paid 6640.. Waiting for SOL to drop to +-370..THEN will buy in that...Im in it for longterm appreciation...any other buys u guys can suggest??
0 Kudos
bulletjie_1
Frequent Contributor
A contingency payment? anytime!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
click on chart,then moving averages and u will see that that that GFI's price is below both the 28 and 60 day moving averages.To give yourself the best chance of making a profit sooner don't buy further till the price is above both avarages.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i know its difficult,but to be a really successful trader ,one has to overcome the urge to get in at the "bottom" as in at leaST 50% OF the cases u will get out in the basement!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Forgot about that one...Only 8 people up in positive territory!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
6250c stop, so you got stopped out this morning ?
0 Kudos