Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SHOULD I BUY OR HOLD....

Not applicable
looks like it is going up, way up... does any one think it is a good buy at this level??????
0 Kudos
48 REPLIES 48
platsak
Super Contributor
Will run max to late 80s early 90 from where its a nice short. Dont trust these rallys.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
WHAT? can't go to pass 80 surely, can do you have any stats that can support this rise to above 80, cause i don't...
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Bluechip, are you short on SBK or plan to go short?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Reverse psych?? lol..u short??
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Bluechip. Its only my opinion. Im targettting the share as a short from 86-90 and long from roundabout 60. Investec starting to look real bloated at 40 as well.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Platsak, you short / long prices are far away from the current price. What are you doing now, wait for SBK to go to R60 or R86???
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Dep. from these levels it can go either way. Has potential to violently reverse IMO. Problably down to the 70s. I dont enter trades these days if its not a sure thing. Go long on desparation and short the euphoria.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Cool, so you sitting on your cash or are you holding other positions?
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
I agree with platsak the primary trend on SBK since Nov 2007 is down good resistance at 8200 if it goes thru that then maybe mid 80's but i would say that a good short at 8200. There is also no volume supporting todays move.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Dep. Mainly in cash. I also nible at quality shares when they are on yearly lows. Set buying orders for a month. You will be surprised to see that some orders actually go through. Know its not optimal, but it at least works for me. At least I am making a bit of money without losing any.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
That good, so you up for the year?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK... surface level of R80.00, thinking selling at 80
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
who is brave to go short at market price on closing auction.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Damn i hope it does go down hey, the price shot way past my stop loss, now iv lost 25% of my capital! :-( :-( i think ill cancel the stop loss, and be patient, the charts do show a potential downturn, i hate being in this position. Any advice? cos my exit strategy (which i finally set and which i was gonna stick to) is busted!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Trailing stop losses shook me out of some leveraged positions today (I'm not in SBK though).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Think the dow going to start its up move soon, being short is not the right move
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
This is a tricky one chart shows it could go either way and so much data coming out this week you 50/50 chance of being right or wrong possibly better just to stay out
0 Kudos