Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SHP

Not applicable
What do the experts think, Is shoprites run over or is this just a buying opportunity?
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
Preston
Super Contributor
At this stage, it seems to be a lack of foreign interest (foreign buyers) in these shares. Have a look at SHP, Retailers and even MTN. Foreigner love these shares.imo
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
According to my 20% rule might find support at about R166
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if I remember correctly thats where Christo Wiese bought SSFs. Ive learned not to take positions against the big guns, I would buy there.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
166 is at the 200 EMA...will find support above 166, possibly 177(68%)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, he asked only for expert opinions!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
O brother, why bother!!!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
err...go back to the childrens playroom...only experts posting here!
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Buying opportunity. Patience the key. Great momentum shares don't just keel over. There will be some fight for sure.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Have you completed your quota of calls for today?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
please, only experts posting here...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
BC01 the SSF's were to hedge a zero cost collar struck below R100
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks, I didnt know that.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon, what strategy can one implement for this type of market?. I stand corrected, but this market is headline driven. Stocks are falling without any brakes being applied. PS..Rams, this is an expert, i would take advise, not some wannabe call centre Warren Buffet.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
if you asking for advice, then this post is not for you, experts give advice. and which pre-school did you go to: ADVICE , not "advise"...you heard of verbs?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
lol Do you know that you behave like a "tokoloshe"?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Preston, if you trading, take your stops, and I still wouldn't be shorting retailers as trend remains firmly up (ya those who shorted late Dec all smiling, but lets be honest, it their first short smile in ages, overall they still way red) .. If investing wait for it to end and see what's cheap (or whatever criteria you use to enter) .. this ain't nothing new
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yeah, Simon. help the kid, he all lost and he wont take "advise" from us...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
lol "tokoloshe"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Im thinking of buying here (R182) with the target being R205 and stop of R175. Or do i just sit on the sidelines and wait for a better opportunity?
0 Kudos