Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SIGNS OF LIFE.

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Could it be? Is ASTRAPAK moving. No.... surely not! And yet - she seems to be moving. So she must be moving. I can die happy. Should make SHARES happy too.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
ASTRAPAK moving that is should make SHARES happy. The alternative interpretation should please Simon, thought.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ah yes .. really moving the debate along ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Welcome! You have a view on the market treatment of ASTRAPAK?
0 Kudos
shares
Contributor
The last day to trade (LTD) for the dividend of 26.4c is 24 June. For a share price of about 900c (from a few days back) that equates to just under 3%. At least that what would be my guess for the recent price move of +5%. The last results that were released in May and show turnover up 3.5% were hardly inspiring. Volume was up by 4,9% but the average selling price declined by 1.4%. Looking at the 37% decline in headline earnings per share is less encouraging. In order to get the share price really moving it will require something like a fall in polymer prices that results in increased margins or a gain in volume / market share that translates into a significant increase in earnings. Longer term the increased capital investment (while the Rand is strong) to become a low cost leader in flexibles is encouraging.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Also technical - the 50 DMA is crossing the 200DMA to the upside. Strong cash generation in general recovering results recently - trades at under 4x forward cash flows. ND good results from all her listed her contempories - NPK,TPC,,BCF. Then there is the retention of dividend and commitment to develop her existing assets and not chase acquisitions. Add to this the general atmosphere re consumer related stock sand lack of other good value investment alternatives...
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Although I called them contemporaries - they really are very different companies - but they do operate in the same market sector.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I don't like APK, prefer NPK .. if I was to buy a packaging company which generally this is the right time of the cycle to buy ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I have NPK. On paper APK presents better value. She lacks the support of major investor though. But you gotta 'av some fun.
0 Kudos