Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SIM Explanation Sought

Not applicable
Please can someone explain why it is that when markets fall (1,7% yesterday)SIM does over 3%, yet when markets run (today up 1%) SIM is down about 1,4%. Alternatively, is SIM just a good defensive share in uncertain times.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
john_1
Super Contributor
I am afraid the forse is against you. When markets correct the shares that have given the best returns are often the ones to retreat first and fastest as people dont want to loose the gains. SIM has had a great run.
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
Remember also that SIM is a major s/holder of SXR who announced yesterday they were starting production.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Hey Yoda..maybe you were on star trek but acording to my data Simmers has gained in the last 2 days...hope you working on end off day prices..intraday is something difrent..Simmers does funny things during the day sometimes.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Noted, any reason as to why SXR took such a smack in the late afternoon yesterday?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Bull Man - "Star Wars" not "Star Trek" the former is Art, whilst the latter is Crap. Thats my point SIM has gone up in a declining market - I am working off close off times.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Missed SIM at 570c level last few days. Will see what happens next few days and hopefully will get another shot to double up.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
As far as i know they don't hold SXR ,but do hold Uranium One.
0 Kudos