Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SIMON - agl, daily chart compaired to intra-day analysis

Mr_Gold
Contributor
Simon I've printed agl chart from interactive price charts. I don't know if i'm doing something stupid but I'm not getting the same result. The resistance line from the bottom doji closing at 37499 and spinning top at 44953 is OK but look at the two bottom at 41400 and 43900 they are not near the resistance line? The RSI is at 40? and on your graph it is overbought? Help!!!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I don't understand? But anbyways the EOD and intra-day charts will look different with different support etc.
0 Kudos
Mr_Gold
Contributor
Simon, the chart that I've used is the one Standard bank is sending for Daily Technical Analysis, a Daily chart. I've done the same with today's TOPI (for the same time period) at least the graph is the same but the RSI eishhh!!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well it depends what value RSI one uses. No rules about which is the one, so different people use different ones.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, this relates to a question I asked awhile back. Moxy uses a five-day RSI, if I'm correct, for the daily tech analysis. The default on Amibroker (and probably other packages) is a 15-day setting, so it won't correlate with SEQ's daily chart. You can however change your software parameters to match SEQ's. With Amibroker you right click, select 'parameters' and change the setting to reflect the timeperiod you want. I'm sure other packages have a similar system. FWIW, I use both a 15-day and a 5-day RSI.
0 Kudos
Mr_Gold
Contributor
Ok I bought a package about 5 years ago. I wanted to upgrade a year ago and they said to mea owe them R6000 on special for the packaged. After I've already paid a lot of money first time. If decided to try and go without it. That's why I've choose Standard Bank, because you have the graph's. Thanx THE QUESTION IS: CAN YOU CHANGE THE RSI SETTINGS ON THE INTERACTIVE PRICE CHART????
0 Kudos