Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SIMON or anyone: New to warrants

Not applicable
I am completly new to shares and warrants. Please advise me on how do warrants work as i have heard one can make big money and also lose big money when trading in warrants. Please advise me what to look for and what to buy.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
firstly, if you are new to shares .. leave all derivatives including warrants along for at least a couple of years .. trade straight shares .. then when you are making consistant market beating profits for at least a year, check the education at www.warrants.co.za and on this website under help and education and attend the courses we run ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Or simply do like everyone else tends to do. Ignore all the BEST and free advise, especially that from Simon (The warrant GURU) and put lots of ymur money down on a warrant and pray everyday you di the right thing.

But seriously take Simons advise. You WILL LOOSE your money unless you know how to trade these products.

Download the online course and learn that backwards then paper trade for at least six months. Paper trading I hope you know how it works?
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
I started trading in Dec/Jan and have done very nicely on shares (portfolio up 5%-10% per month). Started on Warrants in May/June (mainly to go short) and lost 5% of portfolio in 6 weeks. If you still decide to give it a go, two things I learned: Don't try and trade against the trend. NEVER go on holiday with an open Warrants position - that pleasant little trip to the Eastern Free State ends up costing the same as a trip to Paris...
0 Kudos
drakensberg
New Contributor
Dis maar die beste om eers gewone aandele te verhandel. Lees soveel as wat jy kan oor aandele en "warrants". Baie van die beginsels is dieselfde. Is nou n jaar besig net met aandele op hierdie forum. Lees gereeld ouer forumlede se kommentaar. Probeer gerus "trade your way to financial Freedom" lees. Probeer ook babypips.com.
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
LOL, I had a similar thing last week, went on holiday, took the netbook with, to my horror it packed up on wednesday leaving me exposed. Trip to Durbs could have been a trip to Dubai!
0 Kudos