Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SIMONS PRESENTATION ON INDEX TRADING

Rams
Super Contributor
Went to Simons presentation today. As usual, excellent presentation !.Three trading systems presented very simply to trade very simply.Good news from Simon, Intraday charts(5 min , 15 min....and all the indicators now on EASYTRADER !
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
jakes007
Contributor
From when will all the indicators be on easy trader? Would love to use it.
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Apparently full working version to be released coming Mon but unconfirmed...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How do we track the Alsi index on OST?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Hi does anyone know if the engulfing candle method also applys to forex.. if so which pair/s are best to trade? Would like to trade after hours in the eve hence the enquiry.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hi the engulfing candle applies to forex, but be warned you may have to wait weeks maybe even months for a engulfing candle they donot appear frequently. i am using the engulfing method plus ninjas methods all in 1. plus developing my own scalping methods on the 5 mins charts using some of simon`s methods but my method requires the trader to be glued to the screen while trade is open. i am still developing it will keep you updated. I using moving averages on the 5mins eurusd gbpusd and trying it on the silver spot price. try to keep the charts uncluttered and simple.
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Thanks Mrt do i perhaps have to look at overseas indices then - in which indices do they appear more frequently i.e. daily.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i have been lookingout for the engulfing candles since the seminar and have found nothing yet i am in front of the computer most of the day. i think you could find them on any chart, i also think they are more likely to appear on charts where there is lots of liquidity. i back tested the engulfing candles on the eurusd i think it was the 15min graph and did find the candles you looking for and they did prove to be succesfull trades. i keep this page open whilst trading http://www.babypips.com/school/japanese-candlesticks-cheat-sheet.html it has the some candles and if you`r looking at candles when trading then it helps. goodluck
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Please help - Using easytrader - Trying to add 21 MA to determine the trend on a 15min time frame but it gives error invalid periods. Do MA's based on the 1 min time frame to determine trend for Simon Engulfing Candle Trading Method?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it is a bug .. it can't 'see' yesterdays data .. will be fixed ..
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Hi Simon- were any engulfing candles present today?
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
P_K
Contributor
engulfing patterns on 25/1 --> long @ 9.15; false short @ 9.45; long @16.30; long @17.00
0 Kudos
P_K
Contributor
engulfing patterns on 25/1 --> long @ 9.15; false short @ 9.45; short @16.30; short @17.00
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what does it cost to register for easytrader?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it should be free to use the software we should not have to pay just my opinion. really now why do we have to pay.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
JSE fees boet .. how else do you think they make the massive profits ??
R99/month ..
0 Kudos