Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SNV

Not applicable
Please would those kind people with more experience than I have tell me what you would do with above share - I purchased at 19c and now down to 11c - I did purchase this will a long term view but to be honest I did not do too much research and dont know if I should hang on or sell and learn from my mistakes?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Robbie
Regular Contributor
I bought @14c and plan to hold on to it. I have been trading for 3 years and regret about everything I sold @ a loss. Let's pray for patience but to receive it immediately !
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
You need a rule and then you stick to the rule....no emotion no comprimise you must deciede what your persentage loss is that you are prepared to loose then if it reaches that you sell and you do not look back
0 Kudos
Not applicable
get rid of it ;start buying only quality top 40 shares
0 Kudos
MoMoney
Occasional Contributor
Stop playing the speculation game. Invest in good quality shares. No "hoping" or "praying" but good old quality stocks. This share is for gamblers not investors. If you are to speculate, use at most, 5% of the total value of your potofolio. You lose some, you win some.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice - much appreciated - since it is less than 5% of my portfolio I will hang on for a bit longer but will probably be far more careful in the future.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A few years ago you could have used the certificates as cheap wallpaper. Unfortunately you cannot do this anymore as there are no certicates. If it is less than 5% of your portfolio only one advice:SELL!!! And write the losses off as an investment in experience. In future stay with the big boys.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Howdy, Paddy, yer old gravedodger. Good to have you giving advice. You been around longer than most people - heck, before the 29 crash, I reckon, so keep it up, old dude. (note to newbies. Paddy's old, hates Belgians and is cranky. But he knows his oats, which he eats in large quantities for the sake of his bowels).
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Hey hopefully successful - if you purchased with a long term view then stick to your view. This decline in the share price is merely temporary and we'll be back in the high teens in the short to medium term, so don't stress. Hang on till it recovers, which it will do, even if you need to wait a while.
0 Kudos