Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SOL - Downgraded to Hold+..

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Sasol has been downgraded to Hold+ on this site, this is very similar to my thoughts, i have a 'experimental' idea that i am testing and for this to work we need to see the next day or two some green, Otherwise i would sell out if it breaks down. Any ideas and expectations? Oil prices are surging, possible start of a new oil bull market (with Iran tensions, OPEC Cuts - if actually done and maybe more on the way) could see rising prices, this could help SASOL, and a petrol price hike in SA is on the cards, this would directly effect SOL, but then there is still the windfall tax issue...I would not buy right now if i did not have, but i would hold and see what happens in the next day or 2. any more ideas of what is to be expected?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Does anyone know where i can find the document submitted by the Windfall Tax Task Team, i hear on moneyweb power hour that they got their hands on it, does anyone know where i can get it from, if not i will ask Alec and let you guys know! They say it does not look too bad for SOL and Peter Major from Cadiz says he would even buy on the news!
0 Kudos
skoorb
Frequent Contributor
Don't worry about Sasol Werner. I think it has just taken a knock with the rest of the market
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Yes, i also think so, now we just need to see how long this will continue, Wall Street is experiencing some serious downside, i think this will extend to tomorrow as well, maybe our long awaited correction, maybe like last May, what do you think?
0 Kudos