Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SOL and IMP

TheoPrinsloo
Contributor
Does anyone have any advice on SOL or IMP. What will cause a turn and is it in the cards?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Sol - oil and R/$, oil over $101 a barrel.
0 Kudos
TheoPrinsloo
Contributor
The rand is a bit stronger today and oil is above $100. Am i correct if i say that these 2 factors are working against each other in terms of SOL?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Both are trading at alltime highs - I would not be chasing em now. Doesn't mean they won't go higher (scuse the Chartspeak) but risk of a pullback increases the higher she goes.
0 Kudos
TheoPrinsloo
Contributor
time to go short?
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
On SOL maybe but on IMP you are almost too late... But IMP might pull back to the R280 level and then push up again...
0 Kudos
TheoPrinsloo
Contributor
bought IMPSBY last week - will be great if it pulls back to R280. Think SOL is on the verge of a pullback but not sure when and how big the pullback will be.
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Not sure at what price you bought IMSBY but I would look for a short-term 50% profit on IMPSBY - also maybe only sell 50% of your holdings and keep a tight-top-loss... I think SOL will head down again - RSI and MACD are showing overbought positions...
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
If you do trade warrants SOLDBP looks like a good play at 9c with upside target of 12c within the next week...
0 Kudos
TheoPrinsloo
Contributor
bought SOLSBY at 14c. Always scared to trade in non SB warrants. Don't see a lot of activity on them. U think this is a valid fear? Anyway, thank for the reply - will have a look at SOLDBP and will definitaly set a trailing stop loss on IMPSBY as soon as i am over 20% profit.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Theo, wouldna short neither. Don't see a good trade entry either way at this level. Would rather she settled on a level again. Might take awhile.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SOL should be declaring her interim dividend in a week or so...
0 Kudos