Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SOL- long boys

Not applicable
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
CE
Super Contributor
Welcome on board Hennie. Chicks are hot, good food and plenty to drink !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Man i hope so !! Hope the girls are as hot as the weeklys it's going to be a long trip.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hope you have a good cruise - I jumped ship earlier today....Im sailing in my private yacht and will join you guys once you've built up a bit o steam
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
tempted to jump ship too. need some time alone in a life raft. i;ve been on the ship bit long and scurvy is setting in... still with you captain, but sorely tempted
0 Kudos
Not applicable
come aboard the yacht...
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
where's the raft headed? or same direction, just smaller vessel
0 Kudos
Not applicable
this is not a raft...its a private yacht with gold plated fittings bought on HP in USD...
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Hennie... please tell me you did not sell your WEZ to buy SOL
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No ! short 65 % wez yesterday still have ELD WEZ SOL at mo looking to short ELD today tho
0 Kudos
joani
Contributor
New to this lingo - long?? Do I hang on to my SOL or sell????
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Long is kinda like buying a Kia, you hold onto it for a "long" time. Only dif is, there will not be a buyer for your Kia.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Just joking Kia (I understand you a very serious person) Long is you "think" the price will go up. I am still long on SOL.
0 Kudos
joani
Contributor
Tx CE - appr yr comment. Is there a general rule of thumb for trading - how much % up - before selling & then buying again? Tax implications taken into account.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
No, there is no rule, just make sure your stop losses are in place. (trailing). Tax - you can only pay if you make money, nothing wrong with that ??
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
ah, my mistake, was thinking of my raft still not your yacht. i like gold fittings!
0 Kudos