Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SOL

Russ
Super Contributor
The more the guests on summit choose sol as their stock pick,and the more they tell us how cheap it is, the more it goes down.What's up?
0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
Russ
Super Contributor
Technically it looks like a buy to me.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
reminds me of AGL, everybody said it was way cheap, yet it kept on gong lower .. so who was selling ?? same for SOL, everybody says tis cheap but price remains stuck ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
no, not a buy to me...maybe heading towards my 320 after all?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Buy SOL and sell SHP
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
sell SOL and buy SHP
0 Kudos
Not applicable
there are easier ways in the world to make money than relying on Sasol. And there are definitely easier ways than shorting Shoprite
0 Kudos
phd
Contributor
I don't think I'm going to live long enough to make money out of SOL
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
why are you 94?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Seems to be trading very close to its 200day MA. Not convinced that it's a buy at these levels.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Im recently bought some SOL, wont lie, I don't know if I should buy more, get out or hold as if SOL falls now it looks like it could be expensive. Though im feeling as though I should just hold since dividend is reasonable and I suppose I could wait it out, just how long is the question.
0 Kudos
phd
Contributor
Yes kiddo! ;-) Was thinking investment rather than trade. Sasol's capital investment programme is intense, and long term, and won't pay off for a long time.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Her portion of the American capex alone will apparently exceed her entire market cap. That sounds like a rights issue waiting to happen. No thanks.
0 Kudos
phd
Contributor
Exactly, and it seems this is how the rest of the market is seeing it too.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
take a five year weekly chart of SOL and you will see a head and shoulders brewing. a close below R350 is bad news, a close above R400 will invalidate the head and shoulders, in the mean time you are supposed to be watching from the sidelines, as Jesse Livermore would say "with your army of cash waiting for confirmation". IMO
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Russ, i stand corrected , but OPEC had a meeting a day or two ago and i think OPEC did not cut production per day, so not cut in supply.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
OPEC are has beens .. they control a minority of global oil and none of the members actually do as they agree wrt output ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And the oil price has about as much correlation with sasol's share price as tant Marie's koeksisters.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Preston, take notes...
0 Kudos
Yatagan
Frequent Contributor
There's a new twist on things...
0 Kudos